2369 Jessup Avenue
Marshalltown, Iowa 50158
Phone: (641) 754-6380
Fax: (641) 754-6325
The Marshall County Jail is a modern, "direct supervision" jail with a 182-bed capacity. The facility was constructed at the vacated site of the Marshall County Care Facility and opened in July of 2000.
VisitationHours: 1:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.
- Certain hours may be blacked out due to jail service.
- All inmates in "General Population" who are not on any restrictions, may have NO MORE THAN 5 VISITS PER WEEK (Sunday - Saturday).
- Each visitor must be pre-approved in order to visit.
- Contact visitation will not be allowed.
- All visitors shall first be authorized before a visit is allowed.
- A photo ID may be required before a visit is allowed.
- Staff will document time and duration of visit.
- All visitors brought in to the visitation area shall be subject to a search, such as: handbags, sacks and parcels. Smoking is prohibited in the visiting area.
- The Marshall County Sheriff's Office will not be responsible for visitor's personal property.
- The Chief Jailer or his designee, may suspend all visits if, in his opinion, there is a danger or harm to the visitor and/or security of the facility is in jeopardy. In the event a visit is denied, a report stating the reason for denial shall be filed with the Chief Jailer.
- A visit may be denied if reasonable suspicion exists that the visit might endanger the security of the facility. A record shall be made of such denial and the reason therefore.
- A visit may be denied or terminated for reasons of health of inmates, staff or visitors. A record shall be made of such denial or termination and the reason therefore.
- Children are NOT to be left unattended.
List of Approved Visitors
A questionnaire form will be given to the inmate to be filled out, completely by him/her, for each person they want to visit in the Marshall County Jail. These forms are to be returned to the Jail Staff.
The only persons allowed to visit are those for which a questionnaire form has been completed and which has been approved by the jail administration.
It may take three to five working days for approval.
Age of Visitors
A minor visitor under the age of 16 must be your son, stepson, daughter, stepdaughter, brother, sister or grandchild. You must provide legal proof of the relationship. Their parent or legal guardian must accompany them.
Any visitor from the age of 16 to 18 must be approved by their parent or legal guardian before being allowed to visit.
- Commissary is offered once per week.
- Money may be brought to inmates and placed in their commissary account.
- Cash, Money Orders, Cashiers Checks, Master Card and Visa are acceptable ways of depositing money to an inmates account.