Personal tools
You are here: Home Military Discharges
Document Actions

Military Discharges

by Jonathan Bailey last modified 2016-05-10 11:12 AM


There is no charge to the veteran to record or obtain a certified copy of a military record. Military Records are now closed pursuant to the Code of Iowa (331.606A). Consequently, anyone entitled to receive a copy must provide ID in person, or a photo copy of ID if requesting via mail.

In order to obtain a certified copy of your discharge papers, the original document must have been presented and recorded at the Recorders Office upon discharge from service. If you did not record your discharge papers at that time, it may be recorded now.

The DD214 must be recorded in Marshall County before military exemption can be applied toward property tax reduction.

If you are unable to locate the original document, a copy of your military records may be obtained by completing the Request Pertaining to Military Records form (see site below) and submitting it to the appropriate location as shown on the back of the form.

Powered by Plone CMS, the Open Source Content Management System

This site conforms to the following standards: