Sand Lake Trout Release
from 11:00 am to 02:00 pm
|Where||Sand Lake, 2901 Main St. Rd.|
|Add event to calendar||
vCal (Windows, Linux)
iCal (Mac OS X)
This is a FUN event with limited prizes available. 2000 rainbow trout will be released with 200 of them tagged. The tagged trout will then be turned in for prizes. This event is a great way to introduce new anglers to the joys of fishing.
This event is FREE, but anglers must be properly licensed, and bring their own fishing equipment.
The Marshall County Conservation Board is excited to support this event in coordination with the Iowa DNR and our prize sponsors. This is a FUN event with limited prizes available.
· Registration is not required, but all anglers must possess a valid resident or non-resident fishing license, have paid the trout fee, and abide by daily bag and possession limits. All fish must be legally caught by rod and reel.
· A parent or legal guardian must accompany all children during the event.
· Fish will be released at 11:00 am and officially end at 2:00 pm on April 21 or on the signal(s) of the Event Director.
· Prizes will be awarded by the Event Staff until all the prizes are handed out or the contest ends, whichever comes first.
· Only one fishing line per derby participant will be allowed and only one hook or lure is permitted.
· No single angler can be awarded more than three prizes for brook fish.
· The Event Director has sole discretion to disqualify any catch for reasons they deem violate tournament rules or the spirit of competition. All decisions of the Event Director are final and may not be appealed.
· All photographs taken by the Marshall County Conservation Board staff at the time of the event become the sole property of the Marshall County Conservation Board and the Iowa Department of Natural Resources and may be used in future promotional materials without compensation to the individuals in the photographs.