Deadline for Annual Photo Contest extended to 4:00 p.m. on 2/1/2013
Due to the bad weather this week, the deadline for the photo contest has been extended to 4:00 p.m. on 2/1/2013.
PHOTO CONTEST RULES
The Marshall County Conservation Board will be sponsoring its 12th annual natural
resource/conservation photo contest. There are four categories for adults: People and
Natural Resources, Scenic (Natural Resources), Native Plants, and Native Wildlife. There
is a special open class for youth age 14 & younger. Contest rules are as follows:
1. All photos must be taken in Marshall County by amateur photographers
2. Entries must be received in our office at GrimesFarm & Conservation Center, 2349 233rd
St., Marshalltown (641/752-5490) by noon Friday, February 1, 2013.
3. Only black and white or color prints with minimum size 8” x 10” and maximum size
16” x 20” will be accepted.
4. All photos must be mounted and unframed; there should be no hooks or wires attached.
5. Label the back of each photo with your name, address, phone number, where the picture
was taken and the category you are entering it in.
6. There is an entry limit of two photos per person per category.
7. Photos entered this year will not be eligible in subsequent year’s contests.
8. An entry fee of $3.00 per photo is required.
9. Winning photos become property of the MCCB to be displayed by the MCCB.
10. MCCB employees and their families are not eligible to enter the contest.
11. (a) Each adult photo entered must 1) depict an aspect of Marshall County’s natural
resources/conservation and 2) fit into one of the three theme categories.
(b) Each youth photo entered must 1) depict an aspect of Marshall County’s natural
resources/conservation and 2) fit into any of the adult theme categories.
12. A $20 gift certificate will be awarded to the winning photo for each category