Press Release - 8/22/2018
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 8/22/18 4:30 p.m.
Contact: Nan Benson, Marshall County Auditor/Recorder
Marshall County Courthouse will be Closed beginning July 20, 2018 until further notice due to the July 19th tornado.
Most Marshall County Offices are now located at the Great Western Bank, 11 North 1st Ave, Marshalltown on the Second Floor or Basement from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. – North Entrance
· Assessor’s Office – 2nd Floor
· Auditor/Recorder’s Office – 2nd Floor
· Board of Supervisor’s Office – 2nd Floor
· Central Iowa Community Services/Marshall County General Assistance – Basement
· Planning & Zoning – 2nd Floor
· Treasurer’s Office – Motor Vehicle – 2nd Floor – New Location 8/23/18
· Treasurer’s Office – Property Tax Payments – 2nd Floor
The Public Notice Bulletin Boards are also at this location just inside the North Doors.
Mailing Address will continue to be 1 E Main St, Marshalltown, IA 50158
Please see specific information regarding the office you need below. Note: phone systems are currently not all operational but we are working to get these restored as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. Please watch for future press releases and our website for updates at www.co.marshall.ia.us.
Attorney’s Office operations are continuing in the Courthouse, however, this office will not be open to the public. The County Attorney’s Office can be reached by phone at 641-754-6314 for questions or to schedule an appointment to be held offsite.
Board of Supervisors
· Recovery Work Sessions will be held on Monday and Thursday at 4:00 p.m. at the Marshall County Engineer’s Office, 101 E Church St, Marshalltown until further notice.
Election Extended Hours at Great Western Bank, 11 North 1st Ave, Marshalltown – North Entrance
· Wednesday, August 29th Open until 5:00 p.m.
· Tuesday, September 4th Open until 5:00 p.m.
Information Technology and GIS operations are continuing in the Courthouse, however, these offices will not be open to the public.
Marshall County Courts Temporary Relocation
· Civil Courts to Story County at 1315 South B Ave, Nevada, IA 50201 beginning Tuesday, July 24, 2018.
· Criminal Courts, Clerk of Court, and Cashier – This includes Magistrate Court, District Associate Court, Juvenile Court, Substance and Mental Health Commitments, and Small Claims Proceedings to Marshall County Sheriff’s Office at 2369 Jessup Ave, Marshalltown, IA 50158 beginning July 24, 2018. (Note: This is 8 miles west of Marshalltown just off highway 30.) Fines and other court financial obligations may be paid online at iowacourts.gov or with the Cashier.
· Magistrate Court Rocket Docket proceedings schedule Friday, July 27, 2018, are cancelled. Litigants will be notified concerning rescheduled Court dates by Court Order.
· Marshall County District Court will be relocated to Iowa Valley Community College District/Marshalltown Community College, 3700 S Center St, Marshalltown, IA 50158 in Room 527
o Court proceedings or other court business may be made to the Clerk of Court at 641-754-1603 or 641-754-1604.
o Juvenile Court Services in Marshall County call 641-753-3481, please check with your Juvenile Court Officer in regards to any court hearing.
o Jury message line to check the jury schedule will be 641-754-1606.
· All Courts and Court Services will transition week of August 27th to MAX Building, 11 East Church St, Marshalltown – Public will use East Entrance