Courthouse Status - Press Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 7/26/18 11:00 p.m.
Contact: Nan Benson, Marshall County Auditor/Recorder
Marshall County Courthouse will be Closed beginning July 23, 2018 until further notice due to last week’s tornado. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. Please watch for future press releases and our website for updates at www.co.marshall.ia.us.
· Motor Vehicle functions are currently available at Driver’s License Station at the Marshalltown Mall from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Board of Supervisors
· Recovery Work Session daily at 4:00 p.m. will be held at the Marshall County Engineer’s Office, 101 E Church St, Marshalltown.
· Board of Supervisors Special Meeting, Monday, July 30, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. at the Marshall County Engineer’s Office, 101 E Church St, Marshalltown
DNR transactions can be completed in border counties of Grundy, Hardin, Jasper, Poweshiek, Story, or Tama.
All remaining transactions will not be available at this time.
Closed beginning July 23, 2018 until further notice due to last week’s tornado.
Marshall County Courts Temporary Relocation
· Civil Courts to Story County at 1315 South B Ave, Nevada, IA 50201 beginning Tuesday, July 24, 2018.
· Criminal Courts, Clerk of Court, and Cashier – This includes Magistrate Court, District Associate Court, Juvenile Court, Substance and Mental Health Commitments, and Small Claims Proceedings to Marshall County Sheriff’s Office at 2369 Jessup Ave, Marshalltown, IA 50158 beginning July 24, 2018. (Note: This is 8 miles west of Marshalltown just off highway 30.) Fines and other court financial obligations may be paid online at iowacourts.gov or with the Cashier.
· Magistrate Court Rocket Docket proceedings schedule Friday, July 27, 2018, are cancelled. Litigants will be notified concerning rescheduled Court dates by Court Order.
· Marshall County District Court will be relocated to Iowa Valley Community College District/Marshalltown Community College, 3700 S Center St, Marshalltown, IA 50158 in Room 527
o About court proceedings or other court business may be made to the Clerk of Court at 641-754-1603 or 641-754-1604
o Juvenile Court Services in Marshall County call 515-233-3346, please check with your Juvenile Court Officer in regards to any court hearing.