Courthouse Press Release - 8/31/2018
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 8/31/18 1:00 p.m.
Contact: Nan Benson, Marshall County Auditor/Recorder
Marshall County Courthouse will be Closed beginning July 20, 2018 until further notice due to the July 19th tornado.
Most Marshall County Offices are now located at the Great Western Bank, 11 North 1st Ave, Marshalltown on the Second Floor or Basement from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. – North Entrance
· Assessor’s Office – 2nd Floor
· Auditor/Recorder’s Office – 2nd Floor
· Board of Supervisor’s Office – 2nd Floor
· Central Iowa Community Services/Marshall County General Assistance – Basement
· Planning & Zoning – 2nd Floor
· Treasurer’s Office – Motor Vehicle – 2nd Floor – New Location 8/23/18
· Treasurer’s Office – Property Tax Payments – 2nd Floor
The Public Notice Bulletin Boards are also at this location just inside the North Doors.
Mailing Address will continue to be 1 E Main St, Marshalltown, IA 50158
Please watch for future press releases and our website for updates at www.co.marshall.ia.us.
Attorney’s Office operations are continuing in the Courthouse, however, this office will not be open to the public. The County Attorney’s Office can be reached by phone at 641-754-6314 for questions or to schedule an appointment to be held offsite.
Board of Supervisors
· Recovery Work Sessions will be held every Thursday at 4:00 p.m. at the Marshall County Engineer’s Office, 101 E Church St, Marshalltown until further notice.
Election Extended Hours at Great Western Bank, 11 North 1st Ave, Marshalltown – North Entrance
· Tuesday, September 4th Open until 5:00 p.m.
Information Technology and GIS operations are continuing in the Courthouse, however, these offices will not be open to the public.
Marshall County Courts Temporary Relocation
· District Criminal and Civil Courts; District Associate Court and Juvenile Courts; the Marshall County Clerk of Court and Cashier are now operating out of the Max Building at 101 South 1st Avenue. Fines and other court financial obligations may be paid online at iowacourts.gov or with the Cashier beginning August 29, 2018.
· Magistrate Court, Substance Abuse, Mental Health Commitments and Small Claims Proceedings will remain at the Marshall County Sheriff’s Office at 2369 Jessup Ave, Marshalltown, IA 50158 until further notice. (Note: This is 8 miles west of Marshalltown just off highway 30).
o The following temporary phone numbers are available for information about court proceedings or other court business:
§ Clerk of District Court
· Criminal Division-641-481-6870
· Civil Division-641-481-6860
· Jury Message Line-641-754-1606
§ Juvenile Court-641-481-6869
§ District Court-641-481-1219
§ District Associate Court-641-481-0715
o Juvenile Court Services in Marshall County call 641-753-3481, please check with your Juvenile Court Officer in regards to any court hearing.